The Human Body: Amazing

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Lately there have been many wonderful models and photographers focusing on showcasing larger women and their bodies. A lot of the stories that correspond with these pictures ask what the impact of having these bodies shown off more and more. So, I started to think about my personal reactions. And honestly, what I noticed most was looking at how each body ebbed and flowed. What kind of curves did each woman have? Where were they? Did they have a lot or a few? And even though I was intrigued by these different figures, it wasn't really so much out of disgust or "watching a train wreck" as they say. I was really fascinated by how unique each one was. It's amazing to me how the skin, fat, organs, bones, and other body parts figure out on each person exactly where they're going to go, how they're going to lay, how far out they're going to stick, how dense they're going to be, how flabby they're going to be, how lumpy, how thin, how they're going to end up. And then any time people gain or lose weight, each body changes in it's own way. And to me, seeing all of these shapes and sizes is really a celebration of that, and how amazing the human body is.

The Body Images is one of my favorite galleries that is an example of this. Check it out. These women are beautiful.

No comments :

Post a Comment